01 February 2005

bloody bureau crats

The taiwanese are hellish! especially if they live somewhere else, especially it seems, Edinburgh. I guess cold weather doesnt suit their tempers!

After turning down my Police Report because it came from Scotland instead of the UK, I had to send the british one back to the uk to get it authenticated and notarized, with a copy of everything from my birth certificate and passport, to my shoe size and likes and dislikes!

the BOCA accepted all the paper work and sent it back to Harry who is helping me out on this, and then he sent it on to Edinburgh to the Taipei Rep Office, all sounds fine you think! HA! The power of attorney that was accepted by the british and commonwelath office was turned down by them! Phuckers! they said it has to be notarized by a notary here in taiwan!

So i spent the day up and down the stairs of a very confusing building, paying for i am not sure what, calling friends to get them to come and vouch for me, running up and down the stairs again with them in tow(have i mentioned this is all to get a stamp on a piece of paper that the british government have already said is real and authentic?) finally five hours and 20 quid later, they give me the piece of paper that says Harry is allowed to get this peice of paper stamped for me! Not sell my house, not invest a million pounds, not even vote on my behalf.........just get a authentic piece of paper stamped!

arrggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh


No comments: